Thursday, March 1, 2007

The Gym

I spend a lot of time at my gym ( I use this term quite loosely) – approximately an hour a day usually (for you lazy S.O.B. that’s more than you’ve thought of :) ). There are some characteristics of this gym that I think are worth discussing and I know SweetPea will certainly agree.
I believe when you involve yourself at a gym a certain understanding of the basic ground rules is a necessity:
1. Don’t interrupt someone training.
2. Your there to train, so train.
3. Do not stand around yakking – see point 2.
4. Do not bring your cellular phone with you – see point 2.
5. A sweat towel is actually necessary.
6. Put your weights back in THE RIGHT PLACE
7. I don’t have a problem with people that train with their romantic partners but FFS leave the kinky stuff at home (SP you know exactly who I’m talking about).
8. Gym is not a place to pickup chicks or guys etc – see point 2.
9. Don’t moan – no pain no gain, its true - rather stay home if you can’t handle that, because if I can hear you over my iPod you should not be there (or near me).
10. 20 Minutes of cardio isn’t going to do it… eating properly, being prepared and ensuring that you get into a routine will… so don’t moan if you eat fast food everyday and don’t see any improvements.
You could call these the 10 commandments.
Oh yes and Planet Fitness sucks!

3 comments:

Phlippy said...

Point 6 is my biggest bug bare! OMG I hate it... oh yes, and Planet Fitness sucks the sweet from a baboons balls

lordwiggly said...

I used to train with my romantic partner. It was such a stupid idea. She made me do girly things like run on the treadmill and cycle for 40 minutes. She didn't even let me chew on the 50kg dumbbells grrrrrr. And she couldn't spot me benching my usual 300 kilos. Totally useless.

double R said...

You and Phlippy trained together hey?